ReadWell

ReadWell

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 23

I realize this is out of order, but I woke up with my concluding image in my mind this morning, and it's not supposed to matter whether we write in order.

1. My favorite discoveries/activities were Teacher Tube (I'd only watched a few things on YouTube before) and podcasting. I'm excited about the treasure trove of clips available to teachers (yes, we will have access) for instruction. The teachers responded positively to Discovery.com, so I know they'll like the depth of Teacher Tube (67 pages of clips on math facts).
As for podcasting, I have done a radio reading show in the past, and I look forward to using this for school and personally. We send an original Christmas poem and greeting every year to many friends, and I think, this year, it might be web-based and in our own voices.

2. This morning I woke up with an image in my mind. I was the learner (cell phone customer). The internet and all the components we've sampled was Verizon. But every time I turned around, the host of possibilities jumped behind me. There, but not there. After completing 23 things, I'm beginning to see them. I don't fully grasp them all, but they are there behind me willing to be used, if I will use them.

3. An unexpected discovery was the impact of spelling. In a user-driven environment, this can be a tricky thing. The idea that material posted with misspelled tags might be forever missed is sad.

4. The scope of what SBISD has done here with 23 Things is daunting. No advice from me! I know all of us in our district appreciate the opportunity to participate.

5. I would absolutely join in other projects developed by SBISD. Next time, I will plan so that my vacation scedule doesn't leave me scurrying through the material.

6. One word: mind-blogging

1 comment:

  1. glad you found the trip to the playground worthy of your time. I like your description of the things standing behind ready to provide support! Hope you will let us know how things go by updating in your blog!

    ReplyDelete