ReadWell

ReadWell

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 22

Ah, nings. In this case, I'll settle for Facebook and/or MySpace. In the name of creativity, we are recreating the wheel because we can.
I checked out, even joined, Texas School Librarians Ning. I found myself responding to a Forum discussion before I realized all the discussions were a year old! The Blogs were a bit more up to date, but nothing outstanding, and only 31 posts showing. Under Videos, only a handful. Photos, the same.
With all the other resources and tools we've looked at, I'm glad this was at the end. It may have caught my attention more in the beginning, but now it seems almost indulgent.
I'm reminded of question/answer sessions with guest authors when the kids ask the same questions over and over, because listening wasn't the point. Getting recognized and being able to ask was the true goal.
Let's make the most of the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment